Thursday 4 August 2011

Math wizard`s coaching helped me direct Amitabh Bachchan: Jha

Film-maker Prakash Jha today said he used the teaching skills and body language of Super30 founder and math wizard Anand Kumar to direct Amitabh Bachchan and Saif Ali Khan in his upcoming film `Aarakshan`.

"I took help from Anand Kumar and I observed his body language and skills which helped me to teach Amitji and Saif," Jha told reporters on a mission here for promoting his upcoming film with Amitabh Bachchan and Manoj Vajpayee.

"I am really thankful to Anand Kumar for his sincere efforts in helping me to direct the maths coaching portion of the film. Kumar accepted my request to come to Mumbai and give coaching in mathematics," Jha said.

Having missed the opportunity to go to Cambridge in 1994 because of acute financial constraints, Anand set up the Ramanujan School of Mathematics for poor children in 1992.

In 2002, he set up `Super 30`, where he provides free education, food and lodging to 30 talented students from underprivileged sections of the society for the IIT-JEE. In the last nine years, 236 students have qualified.

`Aarakshan` is slated to release on August 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment